- i) FULL NAME: ADEDIMEJI, Abdul-Hafeez Adeniyi Ahmad
- i) Date of Birth: 22nd September, 1972.
iii) Nationality: Nigerian
Vi) Permanent Home Address: Ruwaaq (Islamic Youth’s Centre’s Hostel Building, opposite
Water Works, Along State Hospital Road, Iwo, Osun State.
- V) Current Postal Address: General Studies’ Unit,
Vii) Academic Status: Lecturer II
Viii) Marital Status: Blissfully married
Ix) Number, Names and ages of children: Four, Quayyim (13 years), Uwaeys (12 years), Ummunaa-
Khadeejah (10 years) & Mahzouz (4 years)
- X) INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES:
(1) University of Ilorin, Ilorin 2010 to date
(2) Islamic University, Medinah, Saudi-Arabia 2000-2004
(3) Islamic University, Medinah, Saudi-Arabia 1995-1999
(4) Islamic Univeristy, Medinah, Saudi-Arabia 1994-1995
(5) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria March, 1994-Nov. 1995
(6) Arabic Teachers’ Training Institute, Ibadan 1990-1991
(7) Arabic Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan 1987-1990
(8) St. Mary’s Grammar School, Iwo, Osun State 1982-1987
(Xi) PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (WITH DATES):
(1) Ph.D. (Arabic Language) – in view 2010 to date
(2) M. A. (Arabic Rhetoric) – with Distinction Grade 2004
(3) B.A (Arabic Language) – Second Class (Upper Division) 1999
(4) Diploma in Arabic Fluency (Distinction) 1995
(5) Diploma in Arabic Teaching Methodology 1991
(6) Thanawiyyah (Arabic Senior Secondary) Certificate- with Distinction Grade
and Best overall Student Award 1990
(7) G.C.E./W.A.E.C. (“O” Levels) 1987
(Xii) ACADEMIC AND LITERARY WORKS:
- PUBLISHED BOOK/S:
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (trans.) 2013: Regulations Guiding Imamship in Shari’ah by Sirajudeen Al-asra’ (Bin Bilal), Cairo: Daarul-Fikril-‘Arabiy.
- PUBLISHED PAPERS IN LEARNED JOURNALS:
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (2014): The Nigerian National Language Question: Arabic as a Viable Option in Anyigba Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 38-46.
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (2013): ‘Aamilut-Tashweeq Fil-‘Uluumil-Insaaniyatil-Mu’aasirah (Creative Captivity Factor in Modern Disciplines of the Humanities) in Addad (Journal of Arabic Language, Literature and Culture), an academic journal being published by the Department of Languages and Linguistics, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 28-40.
- Adedimeji A.A. (2012): Prospects of Arabic Language As A Unifying Force for Nigerian Muslims in Challenges of Moon-sighting and Preservation of Arabic manuscripts in Nigeria, Musa A. Abdu-Raheem (Ph.D.) edited, an annual publication of National Conference of National Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS), January, 2012/Safar 1433 A.H., pp. 121-140.
- Adedimeji A. A. A. (2012): Qadiyatul-Ilhaam: Haqiiqatun Am Taefun Minal-Khayaal? (The Inspiration Question: Reality or Myth?) in Al-Asaalah Journal, a publication of Departments of Arabic and Islamic Studies, College of the Humanities, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-24.
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (2012): Athaaruh-Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-Ilori Fii talaamiidhihii; Al-Biruufaesuor Abdur-Razzaaq Deremi Abubakre Namuuzajan (Impacts of Sheikh Adam Al-Ilori in his students: Prof. D. Abubakre as a case study) in Ash-Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-Ilori Fii Maokibil-Khadiidin (An International Journal produced to celebrate life and works of Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-Ilori), Faculty of Arts, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, pp. 627-645.
- ACCEPTED ACADEMIC PAPERS FOR PUBLICATION:
(1)- Adedimeji A.A.A., Arabic and Islamic Education as Agents of National Cohesion and Development, accepted to be published by College of the Humanities, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin.
(2)- Adedimeji A.A.A., Theoretical and Historical Perspectives of Language: Arabic as a Case Study, accepted to be published by Centre for Ilorin Studies, University of Ilorin, Ilorin.
(3)- Adedimeji A.A.A. and Akanbi S.A., Al-Fasaahatun-Nabawiyyah Wa-atharuhaal-Balaagiy Min Khilaal Usluubil-Qasam (Prophetic Eloquence and its Rhetorical Impact in Message Dissemination: Statements of Oath as a Case Study), accepted by Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Unit, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin.
(4)- Adedimeji A.A.A. and Akanbi S.A., At-Tannaasul-Qur’aaniy Fil-Haddeth-Nnabawiyyih: Diraastun Nasiyyah (Textual Manifestation of the Glorious Qur’aan in the Prophetic Traditions: A Textual Study), accepted by Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Unit, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin.
- BOOKS PREFACED\FOREWORDED FOR OTHER AUTHORS:
(1)- Al-Athariy, Abuu Sofiyyah Sa’d Saruumi, Al-Mu’allim Wal-Muta’allim (The Scholar and the learner), Al-Matba’atus-Salafiyyah Publishers, Ilorin (Nigeria), First Edition, pp. 10-12.
(2)- Salahdeen, Aishah B., Allah’s Remembrance All The Time & Khamsuuna Rabbaniyyah, ‘Wunmi Commercial Press, Offa (Nigeria), pp. vi-ix.
- PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES AND SCHOLARLY CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (2009), Al-Hijaab Baenal-Wujuub Walkamaal (Hijaab between necessity and perfection), pp. 10-12, An-Najm Magazine, Annual religious and Linguistic Journal published by Daarul-‘Uluumiil -Arabiyyat Wal-Irshaad, Iwo, Osun State, Nigeria, First Edition.
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (1998), Ni’mal-Jamaal Idhaqtarana Bis-Salaah (Blessed be Beauty when it matches goodness), An Article Published in Al-Majallatul-‘Arabiyyah, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. No. 263, p.6.
- Adedimeji A.A.A. (1997), Aadhiil-Ummah Wa ‘Uluwwul-Himmah (This Ummah and High Aims), An Article published in Al-Furqaan Journal, Kuwait, No. 09, pp. 58-59.
- RESEARCH OUTPUTS:
- Baenal-Ilori Warafiiqihii Adedimeji: Nuqaatut-talaaqii Wamahaawirut-tahthiir Watahaththur (Between Al-Ilori and his associate, Adedimeji (Points of relationship and areas of mutual influence), an unpublished scholarly work.
- Adedimeji A.A.A., Saree’ul-Kasal (The Idler), an Unpublished Drama work presented to participate in Sharjah’s (United Arabs’ Emirates) International Competition for Arabic Creativity in October, 2009.
- Adedimeji A.A., Asaleebu-Tashweeqil-‘Arabiyyah Fil-Ahaadeethin-Nabawiyyah (Styles and Eloquence of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.W.): Bukhaari and Muslim Collections as a case study) , a project submitted in partial fulfillment for the Award of M.A. (Arabic Rhetoric) to the Department of Literature and Rhetoric in the Faculty of Arabic Studies, Islamic University of Medina, Saudi-Arabia, in March, 2004.
- Adedimeji A.A.A., Ahmad Ameen Naaqidan (Ahmad Ameen, the Critic), a project submitted for the Award of B.A. (Arabic in the Faculty of Arabic Studies, Islamic University of Medinah, Saudi –Arabia (1999).
- Adedimeji A.A., Mu’aalajatul-Qudamaai Lilahjaati Qabaailil-‘Arab: (Early Arabs’ Exertion of Arabic Dialects) Ma’anil-Qur’aan by Al-Farraa as a case study (1998).
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEARNED\PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED:
- Resource Person at National Workshop on Moral and Personal Development programme organized by the Zonal Headquarters of Da’wah Institute of Nigeria (D.I.N.), the research wing of Islamic Education Trust (I.E.T.), held at Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State, between 1st and August, 2014. (Paper delivered entitled: Shari’ah Intelligence: The Basic Principles and Objectives of Islamic Jurisprudence).
- Maiden National Conference of the Department of Islamic Studies and Arabic Unit, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, held at the University Auditorium between Sunday, 8th and Wednesday, 11th June, 2014 (10th -13th of Sha’baan, 1435 A.H.) with the theme: As-Siratun-Nabawiyyah (History of Prophet Muhammad) as Panacea for the Revival of the Nigerian Nation.
- 2nd National Conference of Centre for Ilorin Studies (CILS), University of Ilorin, Ilorin, held at the University Auditorium between Monday, 21st and Thursday, 24th April, 2014 with the theme: Language and Religious Scholarship in West Africa: the Ilorin Factor.
- National Workshop on Moral and Personal Development programme organized by the National Headquarters of Da’wah Institute of Nigeria (D.I.N.), the research wing of Islamic Education Trust (I.E.T.), at Minna, Niger State, between 12th and 16th December, 2013.
- 1st National Conference of College of Humanities, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, held at the University Auditorium between Sunday, 12th and Wednesday, 15th May, 2013 with the theme: National Security and Development in Contemporary Nigeria.
- Three- day Intensive Training Workshop on: The University Administration & Information Communication Technology (ICT): Transforming the Registry, organized by Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) and held at Amphi Theatre of Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, between Sunday, 26th and Wednesday, 29th August, 2012.
- International Conference on the Life and Works of Shaykh Adam Abdullahi Al-Ilory (1917-1992) jointly organized by the Faculties of Arts, Law and Education of University of Ilorin, Ilorin, between Friday, 24th and Tuesday, 28th August, 2012.
- 28th National Conference of Nigeria Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) at Osun State University, Osogbo, between Monday, 10th August, and Friday, 14th August, 2009 with the theme: Challenges of Moon Sighting and Preservation of Arabic Manuscripts in Nigeria.
- SOME NOTABLE SCHOLARLY AND PUBLIC NOTABLE LECTURES DELIVERED:
- Guest Lecturer, First Hijrah Lecture organized by Fountain University, Osogbo, held at Eti-Osa Lecture Theatre of the University on 24th October, 2012, with the topic: Hijrah: Its Meanings, Causes, Happenings and Lessons.
- Lead Discussant, Islamic Colloquium with the topic: Engendering Religious Harmony in Nigeria, organized as part of Hijrah 1435 Celebration activities by the government of State of Osun at GMT Hotel and Events Centre, Osogbo, on 31st October, 2013.
- Guest Lecturer, Quarterly Lecture of Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (MSSN), Osogbo Central Branch, with the topic: Islamic Caliphate; Its Rise, Decline and Fall, held at Osogbo Central Mosque, Osogbo, on Sunday, 8th June, 2014.
Xiii) AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST:
Translation (from Arabic to English and vice-versa), literary criticism, drama and Arabic Rhetoric.
Xiv) WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Lecturer, Fountain University, Osogbo 2012 to date
- College Officer (College of the Humanities) Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2010 to 2012
- Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs), Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2008 to 2010
- Lecturer in Arabic courses, Dept. of Languages, Al-Hikmah University,
- Lecturer, Mufutau Lanihun College of Education, Ibadan 2006-2008
- Visiting/Associate Lecturer, Imam Malik College (A degree-awarding
Institution), Ibadan 2004-2005
- Arabic Subject Teacher, Federal Government Girls’ College,
New Bussa, Niger State (N.Y.S.C. Place of Primary Assignment) 2005-2006
- Arabic & Islamic Subjects’ Teacher, Islamic Youths’ Centre,
Iwo, Osun State 1992-1994
- Arabic & Islamic Subjects’ Teacher, Arabic Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan 1990-1992
- COURSES TAUGHT IN THE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION LEVEL AND THEIR CODES
- Arabic Literature in Nigeria ARB 321
- Arabic Rhetoric 3 (Al-Badi’) ARB 325
- Modern Arabic Literature ARB 311
- Drama ARB 215
- Arabic Textual Reading ARB 213
- Arabic Composition I ARB 122
- Art and Practice of Translation ARB 116
- COURSES TAUGHT IN THE UNIVERSITY LEVEL AND THEIR CODES:
- Advanced Arabic translation and composition ARB 407
- Advanced Arabic Usage ARB 306
- Intermediate Arabic Structure II ARB 419
- Classical and Modern Arabic Libraries ARB 410
- Arabic Literature of the Early Islamic Period ARB 203
- Arabic composition and Translation ARB 305
- Arabic prosody II ARB 304
- Art and Practice of Translation ARB 302
- Arabic for Textual Reading I ARB 211
- Arabic Composition ARB 201
- Arabic Morphology I ARB 106
- Beginners’ Arabic I GNS 105
- Beginners’ Arabic II GNS 106
- Islamic Ethics and Culture GNS 203
Xv) ACADEMIC PROJECTS SUPERVISED IN AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN
- Olanihun A.A.A. (2009), As-Salawatul-Khams Wa-ahamiyatuhaa Fil-Islam
- Yusuf D. (2009), Al-Huququz-Zaojiyyah Fil-Islam
- Salahudeen L. (2009), Marfuu’atul-Asmaai Min Khilaalis-Suuratit-Taowbah
Xvi) MEMBERSHIP OF UNIVERSITY STATUTORY AND STANDING COMMITTEES:
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO
- Chairman, University Moral Reformation Committee 2012 to date
- Member, University Mosque Management Committee 2012 to date
- Member, University Environmental Beautification Committee , 2013 to date
- Member, University Library Publication Committee , 2013 to date
- Member, University Curriculum & Courseware Committee , 2013 to date
- AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN:
- Secretary, University Monitoring Committee on Proper Conduct 2011 to 2012
- Member, School Fees Recovery Committee 2010 to 2012
- Secretary, Board of proposed College of Postgraduate Studies 2009-2012
- Member, Committee on Higher Education in West Africa 2009 to 2012
- Member, Prayer and Extra Curricular Monitoring Committee 2009 to 2012
Xvii) ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE AND SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY:
- Appointed as Chief Imam of Fountain University, Osogbo 2012 to date
- Appointed as Ag. Coordinator of General Studies Unit,
Fountain University, Osogbo Jan. 2013 to date
- Promoted to the rank of Senior Assistant Registrar May 1st, 2011
- Elected as congregation representative on the
Governing Council of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2009-2011
- Appointed as Desk Officer/Coordinator/Facilitator for
Al-Falah Islamic Institute, Ugbekpe-Ekperi, Edo State
(An Affiliate of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin) 2009-2012
- One of the rotational Friday Imams in Al-Hikmah University
Central Mosque 2009 to 2012
- Appointed as Secretary to the Board of Postgraduate Studies in
Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2009-2010
- Assistant Registar (Academic Affairs), Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2008 to 2010
- Admission Officer, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2008 to 2009
- General Overseer, Islamic Youths Centre, Iwo 2006 to date
- Da’wah Committee Chairman, Muslim Corpers’ Association
of Nigeria (MCAN), New Bussa Chapter, Niger State 2005-2006
- Instructor/Interpreter, Nigerian Consulate, Jeddah, Saudi-Arabia,
(during Hajj Operations) 2000-2003
- Vice President, Nigerian Students’ Union in Islamic University
of Medinah, Saudi-Arabia 1996-1998
- President, Muslim Elite of Nigeria, Iwo Chapter 1992-1994
- Chief Missioner, Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (M.S.S.N),
Oyo State Area Unit Council “D”, Ibadan. Jan.-Nov. 1990
- Chief Imam, Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (M.S.S.N),
Arabic Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan Branch, Ibadan Jan.-Nov. 1990
- Health Prefect Boy, Arabic Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan -Nov. 1990
Xviii) MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND RELIGIOUS BODIES:
- Member, Association of Nigerian Universities Professional
Administrators (A.N.U.P.A), Al-Hikmah University Chapter 2010 to 2012
- Member, National Association of Teachers of Arabic and
Islamic Studies (N.A.T.A.I.S.) 2009 to date
- Member and founding President, Muslim Elite of Nigeria, Iwo Branch 1992-1994.
Xix) PRESENT EMPLOYMENT, STATUS AND EMPLOYER:
- Present Employment: Lecturer
- Rank: Lecturer II
- Status: FUASS Level 3, Step 4
- Employer: Fountain University, Osogbo.
Xx) EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
Reading, Writing and Islamic Propagation/Islamic activities
- SCHOLARSHIP AND AWARDS WON:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabic Educational Scholarship for overseas students 1994-2004
- Best Student in Summer Holiday Literacy Activities,
Islamic University of Medinah, Saudi Arabia 1996
- Overall Best Graduating students, Arabic Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan 1990
- Best Arts’ Subjects Student, St. Mary’s Grammar School, Iwo. 1986/1987 Academic session
Xxi) NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF REFEREES:
- R.D. Abubakare, FASN, FAR,
Department of Arabic Studies,
University of Ilorin,
Ilorin (Currently on Leave of Absence to serve as a Federal Commissioner, Public Complaints Commission).
Tel. Numbers: 08033797315 & 08088253812.
- Professor Y.K. Yusuf,
Department of English Studies,
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Tel. Numbers: 08157609687 & 08034028057.
- Prof. O. O. Ladipo,
College of Management Sciences,
Tel. Numbers: 08035017681 & 08072816127.